Thursday, February 21, 2008

3 Nephi 14-13-14


13 Enter ye in at the strait gate; for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, which leadeth to destruction, and many there be who go in thereat;
14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

(Book of Mormon | 3 Nephi 14:13 - 14)

My comments:
From these verses it seems readily apparent to me that there are specific requirements that one must follow in order to find “life.” Couple this with Matthew 7:21-23 where it states,

“21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.”

and I become convinced that there are many people that think they will be saved but they have chosen the wrong path.

How do we know if we’re on the right path? Again, we can turn to the scriptures for the answer. In fact, we only need to look to the verses that just preceded these:

7 Ask, and it shall be given unto you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you.
8 For every one that asketh, receiveth; and he that seeketh, findeth; and to him that knocketh, it shall be opened.
9 Or what man is there of you, who, if his son ask bread, will give him a stone?
10 Or if he ask a fish, will he give him a serpent?

(Book of Mormon | 3 Nephi 14:7 - 10)

The command to pray is more frequently stressed in the scriptures than any other commandment. It does not seem reasonable to me that a loving Father in Heaven would command me so frequently to pray, if He wasn’t willing to respond. If you want to know the truth of which path to follow, ask Him that knows all things.

In my life, I have seen the hand of the Lord in many different ways speaking peace and comfort to me in times of trouble, and giving me guidance and direction when I needed it most, and was willing to humble myself before Him to ask.
May God bless you in your search for truth is my humble prayer.

2 comments:

Bethie Marie said...

Thank you for this beautiful lesson today.

Pray and Praise unceasingly.

Blessings!

Bethie
http://dayofpraise.blogspot.com/

Dan Olsen said...

Your Welcome