Friday, June 20, 2008

Missionary e-mail 6-20-08

Wow, what a week!

Flaviane's baptism went great. She chose me to baptize her which I haven't done in a while. I'm lucky I remembered the words. She has been doing great and we are helping her to keep reading the scriptures every day.

We heard great news about 2 investigators of ours this week. We are teaching 2 boys,12 and 15, who are the sons of less active members. Their parents are divorced and we have never met their father. We worked hard with their mom and she went to church this week for the first time in about 10 years. The boys went to another city and went to church with their dad whom we talked to that day. It turns out that he was inactive but has been going back to church for the last 3 months. Right before we found the boys, he had been praying that in some way his sons would get interested in the gospel and go to church too. The oldest son is already excited to serve a mission and both of them and their parents are excited for their baptism on the 28th.

This week in the office has been pretty productive. One of my jobs is to get all the papers from the new missionaries coming in and enter in their information by hand into the computer which can take quite a bit of time. I had fallen back a little in my work and had 11 american missionaries to enter into the system which would take forever. Since I get their papers through email now, I spent 2 days writing a Visual Basic program and combined it with a massive Excel macro and bam... click a button and it does it instantly now. That should make things a little easier for future secretaries I hope.

We had breakfast at President Hoggan's house again this week. It was a really nice treat to eat pancakes with maple syrup... mmm This week we will be preparing for the transfer in 2 weeks. That means we will be going to Pizza Hut this Tuesday as a treat. Ill try to beat my old record of 17 slices.

Well, thats about it for the week. Love you all tons! Tchau!


Elder Childs

No comments: