Friday, May 16, 2008

8 weeks post-op x-rays on left elbow


This is an x-ray taken earlier today on my left elbow. Doctor/Brother Matthew Hansen explained the important aspects, which I have noted on the image.

In short, the places where I broke my elbow, are still broken. However, to the left of my new radial head you can see a slight hazy cloud. That would be bone that is forming on my arm that wasn't there before. If that bone continues to form over the radial head and somehow connects to the upper arm, that would be bad. It would necessitate another surgery to get rid of it, as it would prevent my arm from bending. Dr. Hansen, if you're reading this, please feel free to click on the comment section at the bottom of this post and eloborate further, if you'd like.

I have complete confidence that I am in good hands. I have received blessings from worthy priesthood holders that my arm will heal, and if you haven't read the bio on my orthopedist, Matthew Hansen, click on his name above. Dude is seriously brilliant. He specializes in elbows and shoulders. He was mentored by the man that created Tommy John surgery.

If you have elbow or shoulder issues and are anywhere near Gilbert, AZ, i.e. the Western United States, he's the guy to go to.


This is the same x-ray, but I blacked out everything but the bone.

No comments: