Friday, August 1, 2008

Missionary e-mail 8-1-08

Hey everyone!
Last weekend was amazing! We got to baptize 2 people on Saturday. Ulisses and Maria Jose. Ulisses we have been teaching for a while and who has a ton of desire to learn about the gospel. He is about 30 and single and just soaked up everything we taught him. He is preparing to receive the priesthood already. Maria Jose we found months ago when we did a contact with her daughter Naira. We taught and baptized Naira and her 2 kids and after that, Maria started going to church, love it and was baptized this week. I was asked to baptized Maria.

We had some great investigators at church this week. Its been a while since Ive had so many people visiting there. We had 13 people with us at church on Sunday. One man we are teaching, named Lecino, has an interesting story. A while back we taught a preacher from the Assembly of God. He didnt want anything to do with us so we stopped going back. He didnt want the book of mormon but I guess he felt bad throwing it away so he gave it to one of his neighbors. One night, one of my companions was walking by and saw a man in his house reading the book of mormon so they stopped and started talking to him. He has now been to church for the last 2 weeks and accepted a baptismal date for the middle of august.

Things were interesting in the office this week. The internet was out from monday til thursday afternoon which made it impossible to do all the important stuff like making payments, sending numbers, sending baptismal sheets, or giving missionaries their money. Luckily it came back in time to do it all yesterday. If it hadnt come back, Id probably be spending my p-day in the office today.

I was working yesterday when I suddenly got a very trunkie email. This is what it said:

Itinerary for Elder Childs:

04 NOV 08 - TUESDAY
TAM MERIDION 3715 COACH CLASS EQUIP-AIRBUS A320 JET
LV: BELEM 315P NONSTOP MILES- 996 CONFIRMED
AR: BRASILIA 640P ELAPSED TIME- 2:25
SNACK
AIRLINE LOCATOR-JJ -DSXFZN

TAM MERIDION 3583 COACH CLASS EQUIP-AIRBUS A320 JET
LV: BRASILIA 745P NONSTOP MILES- 529 CONFIRMED
AR: SAO PAULO/GRU 920P ELAPSED TIME- 1:35 SNACK AIRLINE LOCATOR-JJ -DSXFZN

AMERICAN 962 COACH CLASS EQUIP-BOEING 777 JET
LV: SAO PAULO/GRU 1140P NONSTOP MILES- 5111 CONFIRMED
AR: DALLAS/FT WOR 605A ELAPSED TIME-10:25 ARVL DATE-05 NOV DINNER-BREAKFAST-MOVIE AIRLINE LOCATOR-AA -JLQPBK

05 NOV 08 - WEDNESDAY
AMERICAN 1123 COACH CLASS EQUIP-MD-80 JET
LV: DALLAS/FT WOR 740A NONSTOP MILES- 868 CONFIRMED
AR: PHOENIX 915A ELAPSED TIME- 2:35
FOOD TO PURCHASE
AIRLINE LOCATOR-AA -JLQPBK


Well, I hope you didnt get too trunkie reading that. I did. Im going to go home and make some chocolate chip cookies. Love you guys tons. Have a great week! Tchau!

Love,
Elder Childs

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I remember on my mission getting this phone call from the office for my plane. The AP asked me where I wanted to land. My first answer was "Home!!!!!" duh!! Then I regreted it and thought I could have asked him to send me to Hawai for a while since he was asking so nicely.