Sunday, November 30, 2008

Catching up

Hi. I haven’t written in a while, life and a computer virus have kept me away so let me spend a little time catching up with what has gone on in my life for the last few weeks.



The biggest news would be that our son, Colin, returned home safely after serving two years in the Belem, Brazil mission. He struggled with his English for a while, but is quickly adapting to life back home.

Hi younger sibling Colby had his Eagle Scout court of honor. The Tempe Police Bagpipe Band, that both he and his mom belong to, played the national anthem and a few other pieces. It was a great evening.

Our daughter, Aubrey, and her husband, Curtis, came down form Logan, UT for Thanksgiving and we enjoyed our time with them immensely.

Last night, Wendy and Colby played with the bagpipe band in downtown Tempe, AZ in their festival of lights parade. There were all sorts of nice floats and stuff. Sheriff Joe Arpaio drove through in a police assault vehicle covered in Christmas lights. The crowd roared their appreciation every time the bagpipe band played Scotland the Brave.

4 comments:

Olsen Family said...

He looks great. I'm so happy for you. You must be so proud of your family!

Seth Adam Smith said...

This is a great blog. Keep up the good work! I'll be checking back and forth for updates! God bless!

Hope said...

Our brother is serving in the Belem, Brazil mission as we speak! I'd love to know what Colin liked receiving most in care packages. As you know, they cannot take on much more "weight" in their personal effects, so deciding what to send in care packages can be tricky. Would you mind emailing me at brettandhope@gmail.com

Thanks for your time. I just discovered your blog this morning and have enjoyed reading it so far!

Hope

Admin said...

I find it really interesting how returned missionaries struggle to relearn the language they've grown using. Thanks for sharing, I love reading your updates.