Saturday, December 29, 2007

Crystal's baptism


Crystal with cousins and friends after the baptism.


Crystal with her mom, Shanna.




Crystal with cousin Breanne and friend.



Crystal, just before getting wet.

On Friday, December 28th, 2007, Crystal Renee Amos, was baptized into the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints at the Payson, AZ Stake Center. The baptism was well attended with many family and friends from out of town, and even, out of state, traveling to be a part of the event. All those present were richly blessed by the peace and comfort of the Holy Spirit that attends such solemn occasions. She was baptised by Grandpa Amos, and uncles and aunts spoke and sang. David Randall gave a talk about baptism. The Spirit bore witness of his powerful testimony, as he too, recently joined the church.

Perhaps my favorite part of the evening, other than the baptism itself, was when Crystal shared her testimony of the gospel. In simple terms, she explained about how she came to know for herself that the church is true. She spoke of how she could "feel" the truth of the gospel as the missionaries taught her the discussions.

She is a beautiful daughter of God, who radiates an inner warmth to those she meets. I considered it to be a singular privilege to have been invited to watch such a sacred event.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank you for sharing that. What a marvelous way to start my day. And yes, I will absolutely link to you from blog.

In addition, if you'd like, scroll down the right hand column of my blog and find the LDS Blogs Webring. I'd love to have you join us.

Have a wonderful Sabbath.

Unknown said...

One more thing, please take a look at the site I manage: http://ldsblogs.com. We don't have links to other blogs on there, because the foundation I work for won't let me. But, I love the work we're doing to share the gospel with the world. Please take a look at let me know what you think.

Thanks
Candace

Unknown said...

Welcome aboard! I'm so happy to have you as a member of the LDSBlogs Webring.

Thanks for linking to my blog and http://ldsblogs.com.