Friday, December 20, 2013

Tolerance does not mean anti-Christian

I need to make a disclaimer at the beginning of this post. I have watched Duck Dynasty once. I found it very humorous, but I'm not a regular viewer. That said, whether I watch the show or not is irrelevant to my post.

Ironically, in the name of "tolerance" society is becoming extremely less tolerant of Christians. If you're paying attention to the news you're probably aware that the Patriarch of the Duck Dynasty clan, Phil Robertson, is being suspended from the show by the A&E network. He is being suspended for calling homosexuality a sin.

It is not my intent to cast stones at others than are sinning because I am not without sin. That said, sin is sin. The Bible spells out several behaviors, actions, etc. that are not endorsed by Heaven. I read an article in USA Today that sums up my views very well on the subject. In part it states:
Irrefutable history documents that the Bible and its teachings were the biggest influence on those that founded the freest and most prosperous nation in human history. Yet nowadays if you believe that same Bible is true you will either silence your beliefs, or you will be silenced. Just ask Phil Robertson, one of the stars of Duck Dynasty, among the most successful shows on TV.  
In an interview with GQ, Robertson plainly repeated simple truths that are fundamental to western civilization—the Bible calls all sexual activity outside of holy matrimony sin and immoral, and it’s natural for a man to be attracted to a woman. You know, the birds and the bees.  
For that, the tolerance mob demanded his head on a platter, and the wannabe King Herods that work at A&E, the network that made untold millions off of Robertson's enormous popularity, gladly obliged. When we have now come to the point that pop culture would rather bow at the altar of rabid political correctness than make a profit, then we have reached a point of no return as a people.
It's a great opinion piece. I sent an e-mail to the A&E Network voicing my disagreement with their decision and encouraged them not to cave in to the demands of the vocal minority. If you feel so inclined you can send them an e-mail at feedbackaetv@aenetworks.com

No comments: