Tuesday, February 9, 2010
Mormon Mishaps book review
At the end of this post I will tell you how to win a $20 Gift Card to Barnes and Noble so keep reading!
Being at church can be a very funny experience. At unintended moments fast and testimony meeting can be hilarious. Like the time a sister, "stood to bear her testimony. Holding a Kleenex to damp eyes and struggling with her feelings, she said, 'I don't do this very often because I'm such a big boob. ' After she sat down, a member of the bishopric stepped to the pulpit. Offering what he thought was consolation he said, 'That's okay; we like big boobs.'"
In Mormon Mishaps and Mischief you can read about that story and:
• The preschooler who was afraid of being eaten by "Sunbeans"
• Establishing Zion in Cougar stadium
• Doing battle with the "Laman Knights"
D. N. Giles and C. L. Beck have pulled together over 200 anecdotes that had my family laughing from one page to the next. Mormon Mishaps and Mischief would make a great Valentine's Day gift, Birthday gift, or simply a key acquisition to your LDS or humor book collection.
Giles/Beck will have a giveaway for a $20 gift card to Barnes and Noble for one lucky tour commenter. How do you enter to win? Each time you leave a comment here telling me about what you did, I will enter your name in the drawing.
1. For your first entry, you can become a follower on my blog, and leave me a comment. If you’re already a follower leave me a comment telling me.
2. Post about my blog and this contest on Twitter or Facebook.
3. Blog about this contest and link back to my blog or the Mishaps website or humor blog.
4. Leave a positive review on Amazon, Deseret Book, Goodreads, or any other book-reviewing site – then leave me a link.
You may enter as many times as you like for the prize drawing. Just remember to always leave a comment here so I can keep track of all that is going on. You need to do this soon, because the drawing closes on Feb 19 and they will announce the winner on Monday, Feb 22.
You might want to check out the other stops on this blog tour, and maybe enter the drawing on their blog as well.
Feb 5th Rachelle Christensen
Feb 6th Ronda Hinrichsen
Feb 9th Connie Hall
Feb 10th Cathy Witbeck
Feb 12th Danyelle Fergusen